Visual Communications and Project Officer
- Working with a highly valued and engaged community
- Permanent Full Time Position
The Visual Communications and Project Officer operates as a member of a small team who work collaboratively to develop and implement a contemporary marketing, communications and engagement strategy that drives a proactive and targeted approach to student attraction and retention, and protects and enhances the College’s position in market in the context of our catholic ethos and Mercy values.
Accountable to the Director of Marketing, Communications and Engagement, the Visual Communications and Project Officer is responsible for providing graphic design and production management support to the College, across all of its external advertising material, publications, website, and event branding elements. In addition, the role provides special project management support to research, develop, and help deliver College-wide initiatives and activations and is a Brand Custodian for all College material.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Act as Brand Custodian for Mercedes College.
- Provide graphic design services for all College publications, signage, website content, advertising and marketing material.
- Manage the production of all College materials including merchandise, signage, publications, advertising.
- Review and update College website to ensure consistency of imagery, brand and content (consulting with Team Director).
- Establish and manage a photo library system to allow easy storage and access to all College photos.
- Coordinate all photo shoots for the College.
- Manage the external advertising schedule to ensure correct material is produced and supplied to all media.
- Manage all external production suppliers – to ensure best quality for best investment.
- Assist with event branding design and set up of College events.
- Manage all merchandise requirements, including supporter wear, honour badges, College merchandise.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to provide graphic design and production support.
- Provide special project coordination support – to include research, implementation processes for College projects.
- Oversee design and production expenditure to ensure alignment with budget.
Click here to download the full Position Information Document (PDF).
You’re an experienced visual communications professional who holds the necessary qualifications and can demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications (equivalent to three years full time study) Bachelor of Design (graphic and communication design).
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC) in accordance with the Child Protection Policy of the South Australian Commission of Catholic Schools (SACCS).
- Current ‘Responding to risk of harm, abuse and neglect’ (RRHAN) training.
- Valid HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care setting First Aid certification (training will be provided as required).
- Extensive graphic design and production experience – at least five years experience, including demonstrated experience in using Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Experience working across a wide range of sectors, to offer stakeholder engagement insights. Experience working in schools is highly desirable.
- Willingness to uphold and contribute to the culture and ethos of our Catholic College, including proactively demonstrating a willingness to understand and engage in the Mercy philosophy and the unique characteristics, identity and culture of the College.
- Possess project management skills to research, budget and deliver successful project outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in all areas of production management – print, signage, digital, outdoor, transit.
- Experience managing design and production projects, including client service and delivery.
- Experience with event support – signage, brand management and extension.
- Experience working with professional photographers to coordinate and art direct photo shoots.
- Experience using online platforms (Survey Monkey/Campaign Monitor) to engage and communicate.
How to apply
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org comprising:
- Cover letter outlining the following (no more than one A4 page).
- How your graphic design experience aligns to the requirements of this role in the school environment; and
- Your experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary team to deliver design outcomes that align with expectations and create stakeholder impact.
- Current resume, including the names and contact details of three current referees (referees will not be contacted without your prior permission.
- A completed Applicant Declaration Form.
Appointment will be subject to Working with Children and Catholic screening clearances.
Applications close 9am Thursday 7 March 2024.
Mercedes College reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable applicant prior to the application close date.