With a reputation for quality graduates, we're proud of our individualised learning focus that delivers results, and our leaders, teachers, specialists and administrators who contribute to students' success.
Located in the Adelaide foothills just 6 kilometres south of the CBD, Mercedes College has stunning views of the metropolitan coastline and a vibrant community defined by authentic relationships, values and belonging.
With excellent career opportunities for teaching, administrative and specialist functions, we welcome applications from forward thinking, dynamic individuals looking to make a difference.
Mercedes College employees can access many professional benefits including:
- Salary packaging options
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Excellent facilities, and innovative technology
- Access to wellbeing services, including an Employee Assistant Program and pastoral support
- Travel opportunities with student groups
- Supportive working environment
Instrumental Music Programme Coordinator
- Leading R-12 co-educational College in Springfield
- Temporary 1-year part-time contract with most school holidays off
- Commencing 2023
Mercedes College is seeking a part-time Instrumental Music Programme Coordinator for 21 hours per week, 41 weeks per year to administer tasks associated with, and coordination of the Instrumental Music Programme. Additionally, this role assumes some administrative tasks for the Music Ensemble Programme and College performances in collaboration with the Music Co-Curricular Coordinator Reception to Year 12. Prior experience in a similar role and working in an educational environment would be highly advantageous.
Key accountabilities include:
- Issuing instruments to students and maintain hire register
- Liaising with private instrumental music tutors/students/parents
- Ensure records, files and information is confidentially maintained
- Allocate students to private instrumental tutors, respond to applications and maintain wait lists
- Recruit instrumental music staff for individual/paired music tuition
- Monitor instrumental music student attendance records and respond appropriately
- Coordinate, process, enter data and proofread student instrumental music reports
- Advise music tutors of calendar updates; changes to schedules
- Maintain ensemble and instrumental music library and catalogues.
How to apply
Email your application to email@example.com comprising:
- Cover letter outlining the following (no more than 2 A4 pages).
- Experience working in a similar role within an educational environment
- The personal characteristics you consider important in an Instrumental Music Coordinator role and how you have demonstrated these in your past experience
- Current resume including the names and contact details of three current referees
- A completed Mercedes College Applicant Declaration Form.
Note: The successful applicant will be required to attain and maintain a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Catholic Schools clearance.
In line with Catholic Education South Australia (CESA) COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, staff of Mercedes College do not need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Applications close: 9am Friday 9 December 2022
Please note that applications may be reviewed as they are received, and interviews may occur prior to the closing date.
When you apply for a position with Mercedes College, or employment in any capacity within Catholic Education South Australia (CESA), you need to complete this Applicant Declaration Form and provide any additional supporting information as necessary where you answer 'yes'.
This must be submitted with your application.
Applications will not be considered unless this declaration is completed and supporting information provided as necessary.
If you have questions about this please contact Amanda Dyson on T | 8372 3200.
Note | Aligned with CESA's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, CESA staff do not need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except for those employees working in High-Risk Settings where up-to-date vaccination is required.