The use of learning technologies in the curriculum is integral to promoting higher order learning skills in our students.
Contact Mercedes College
540 Fullarton Rd Springfield 5062
Ph: +61 (0) 8 8372 3200
Fx: +61 (0) 8 8379 9540
The vision of the Information Communication Technology (ICT) department is to ensure that all members of the Mercedes College community use technology to enhance the way they learn and work.
We are committed to ensuring that every individual has equitable opportunities to use a variety of learning technologies to enhance the learning process. The use of learning technologies in the curriculum is integral to promoting higher order learning skills in students.
Students use a mixture of the College’s devices and BYOD devices. All of these devices are connected to the College's high speed local area network or its high capacity wireless network. Internet access is provided to all students and staff via 1GB connection.
Other resources available to users include networked black & white and colour printers, data projectors, smart boards, scanners, access to the College’s online Curriculum Management tool and a variety of other software.
The distribution of technology is designed to cater for the different pedagogical styles and learning needs of Reception to Year 12 classes. Generally, this consists of
- Interactive whiteboards in classrooms in the Junior School
- College and BYOD iPads in the Junior School
- Data projectors in Middle and Senior School classrooms
- College and BYOD laptops in the Middle and Senior Schools
- A range of software titles is provided under network control
- All staff and students have personal e-mail accounts and network based storage
- Internet access is facilitated via a 1GB internet connection
- Coverage of the wireless network extends across the entire College
- All buildings are connected to the high speed Local Area Network using optic fibre
Student use of Information Technology is monitored under the Mercedes College Acceptable Use Policy